February 14 – 22, 2014
Cubaball Tours director Kit Krieger invites you to join a unique opportunity to experience Cuba through it’s national game – baseball. You’ll see Cuban National Series games in selected cities, played by players unaffected by the glare of North American professional trappings, and you’ll meet players and Cuban baseball officials.
Cubaball offers more than just baseball – you’ll experience the people, the culture, the music, the politics, and the cities of a tropical paradise lost somewhere between the pre-revolution 1950’s and today. You will also be provided with an opportunity to help the youth of Cuba with voluntary donations of baseball equipment and school supplies.
Cost: $ 2,599 per person
(based on double occupancy – single supplement $450)
NOTE: A non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place. Final full payment will be required 60 days prior to departure. (Your deposit is refunded in the event the tour is cancelled by the organizer)
The tour package includes:
- 8 nights accommodation at historic 4 to 5 star hotels in Havana and 3 to 4 star hotels in outlying cities, with daily breakfast, as determined by the baseball schedule
- The final itinerary will be set upon release of the 2013/14 Cuban National Series baseball schedule
- Best seats for all National Series games
- All activities, speakers, meetings, and admissions as specified in the itinerary
- Expert Cuban and English speaking tour guide
- Deluxe air conditioned motor coach
- Airport transfers as available
- Meals not listed as included in the final itinerary
- CUC $25 Cuban departure tax payable in cash at the airport
- Cuban tourist card when arriving from any country other than Canada (Est. $20)
- Any activities listed as optional on the itinerary
Sample of itinerary from 2012 Tour January 17-26, 2012
January 17 Arrive in Havana
Transfer to hotel
January 18 Depart for Cienfuegos
Game #1 Villa Clara vs Cienfuegos
Stay in Cienfuegos
January 19 Visit Cruces and grave of Martin Dihigo.
Meet with son and family of Martin Dihigo and tour display of the exhibit at the Cruces municipal museum.
Return to Havana
January 20 Meeting with veteran players at Estadio Latinoamericano
Visit to La Finca Viglia, estate of Ernest Hemingway
Game #2 Santiago de Cuba vs Metros
January 21 Meeting with Orestes Kindelan, Cuba’s all-time home run king and Enrique Diaz, Cuba’s Rickey Henderson.
Meeting with Conrado Marrero, 100, the oldest living major leaguer
Game #3 Santiago de Cuba vs Metros
January 22 Morning in Havana
Depart for Pinar del Rio
Visit tobacco farm and cigar factory
Game #4 Mayabeque vs Pinar del Rio
January 23 Visit scenic Vinales Valley, Cuba’s most beautiful landscape
Return to Havana
January 24 Visit to baseball monuments at Havana’s Cristobal Colon cemetery
Visit to La Tropical, home to professional baseball in Cuba from 1930-46
Game #5 Industriales vs Matanzas and meeting with Omar Linares, Cuba’s greatest player of the post-revolutionary era.
January 25 Visit to Callejon Hamel to see muralist Salvador Gonzales’s tribute to Afro-Cuban culture.
Free time Depart for Veradero
Game #6 Ciego de Avila vs Matanzas
January 26 Return home